Personal Data Protection Policy
1) PERSONAL DATA
This personal information may include, but not limited to the following:
• Reservation fulfilment information such as your name, address, telephone number, email address, date of birth, nationality, credit or debit card number, airline frequent flyer information or other similar customer-loyalty programmes;
• Stay related information such as arrival and departure dates, goods and services purchased, information and observations about your special request made and service preferences (e.g. specific room type, amenities requested, room preferences and other facilities or services used);
• Functions, Meetings and Banquets related information such as the date of event, number of guests, details of the guest rooms, and, for company function/meeting/banquet, information on your company and information about the guests that are part of your group or event;
• Marketing preference through registering for e-newsletters or programme membership;
• Guest feedback surveys both in-hotel and online;
• Social Media & Blogging if you choose to participate in Scapes Hotel sponsored media activities or offerings, we may collect certain information from your social media account consistent with your settings within the social media service, such as location, check-ins, activities, interests, photos, status updates and friend list;
• Response to communications to and from us pertaining to contests and promotional offers;
• Job application submission;
• Contact and other relevant details concerning the employees of corporate accounts, vendors and other types of business partners (e.g. travel agents or meeting and event planners);
• Additional contact information about you that we may obtain through third parties with whom we do business (e.g. travel agents or similar providers).
We may collect information both directly via our website and from third parties
with whom we do business (e.g. travel agents, airlines, event planners or other
similar providers). This information shall be deemed collected by us with your
Should you be submitting any personal information relating to other people to us
or our service providers (e.g. making a reservation on behalf of another
individual); you represent that you have the authority to do so and permit us to
We may collect information in a few ways, including but not limited to the
• Through Online Services:
We may collect information when you make a reservation or purchase goods and
services from us, communicate via our online chat services, email to inform us of
special requests/preferences, sign up for e-newsletters and other programmes
or participate in a survey, contest or promotional offer.
• Through Offline Services:
We may collect information offline when you make a reservation over the telephone
or walk-in to the hotel.
• Other Sources:
We may collect information from other sources such as joint marketing partners and
other third parties.
2) USE OF PERSONAL DATA
Scapes Hotel, we are committed to providing you with information about the collection and use of personal information collected from, or furnished by you while using our websites, products and services.
The data provider covenants that the provider of such personal data has acknowledged, confirmed and consented to Scapes Hotel to among other collect, record, hold, store, use, deal with and otherwise processing such personal data, for any of the following purposes:-
• Provide services you request such as facilitation of reservations, sending booking confirmation and pre-arrival messages;
• Provide information about meetings, events and/or celebrations;
• Processing a transaction such as confirming a reservation, fulfilling a request for proposal;
• Send administrative information, marketing communications, upcoming events, commercial materials and promotional offers;
• Send guest satisfaction survey and perform market research;
• To enable the company’s compliance with its obligations under any law, rule, regulation, by-law, order, guideline, directive, policy and such other requirements in force and as amended from time to time relating to the commercial transaction and/or relating to the conduct of the business or activities of the company.
• Allow for your participation in contests and promotions.
The data provider, the organization and/or such other persons or companies represented by the data provider respectively referred to above further acknowledge that information given or the request made by the data provider and/or the organisation and/or such other persons or companies represented by the data provider leading to the provision of any personal data is sufficient, accurate, complete and not misleading, and that such personal data is provided voluntarily and is necessary for the purposes set out above.
3) PROCESSING AND DISCLOSURE OF INFORMATION
Scapes Hotel do not sell, rent or give physical possession of this personal information to unaffiliated third parties outside Equal Sign Sdn Bhd and its subsidiaries, holding companies, associated companies, or affiliates of the Company.
Scapes Hotel may disclose your information in the following circumstances, including but not limited to:
• When we have received your consent or deemed consent to do so;
• When we have informed you of our intentions to do so;
• When sharing or disclosing your information is necessary in order to provide you with the products or services you requested such as promotional offers, hotel rates proposals and e-newsletter;
• When third party service providers that perform certain activities on behalf of Scapes Hotel require this information to process the services required, such as credit card processing, database management services, customer support services or guest surveys;
• In the event Scapes Hotel enters into a partnership with or is acquired by another Company;
• When there is an emergency and need to safeguard the life, health or property of an individual or corporation;
• When it is necessary to comply with legal or regulatory obligations in accordance with applicable law thereof.
• When deemed relevant and necessary by Scapes Hotel
4) COLLECTION OF OTHER INFORMATION
Scapes Hotel defines “Other Information” as an information that does not reveal your specific identity or does not directly relate to an individual. These include, but are not limited to:
• Browser and device information
• Demographic information
• Information collected through cookies, pixel tags and other technologies
We and our third-party service providers may collect “Other Information” in a few ways including, but not limited to:
• Through your browser or device
Information is collected by most browsers or automatically through your devices such as computer type, operating system, device manufacturer, Internet browser type and version. This information is used to ensure that the online services we provide you functions properly.
• IP Address
This is the number assigned to the computer you used when accessing our online services. Collecting IP Addresses is a standard practice and we use it to diagnose any server-side problems pertaining to the online services we provide.
• Physical Location & Mobile Location
We may collect the physical location to provide you with personalised location-based content for an enhanced online service.
We may also share your mobile device’s location combined with information about the advertisements viewed as well as other information collected with marketing partners to provide your personalised content and to study the effectiveness of our advertising campaigns. You may be permitted to allow or deny such uses in some instances, but by doing so, we and/or our marketing partners may not be able to provide you with the applicable personalise content and services.
• Through cookies
• Through pixel tag and other similar technologies
Also known as web beacons, pixel tags may be used as part of tracking and measurement of success of our marketing campaigns. This provides us with statistics on website usage and response rates after being exposed to marketing campaigns on third-party sites.
5) COMMITMENT TO DATA SECURITY
To maintain the accuracy of your personal data, as well as preventing unauthorized access to and ensuring the correct use of your personal data, we have carried out appropriate physical, electronic and managerial measures to safeguard and secure the personal data we collect. These measures are subject to ongoing review and monitoring. Whilst we make every effort to protect your personal data, no security measures can guarantee that your personal data and information will not be subject to interference, misuse or hacking and we shall not be responsible for any loss, misuse or alteration arising as a result of such incidents.
6) LINKS TO THIRD-PARTY WEBSITES
Our sites and mobile applications may contain link to third parties’ websites. Please note that we are responsible for the collection, use, maintenance, sharing, or disclosure of data and information by such third parties.
Any questions, comments, suggestions and/or information other than personal data sent or posted to this Website, or any part of this Website by visitors will be deemed voluntarily provided to Scapes Hotel on a non-confidential and non-proprietary basis.
8) PERSONAL INFORMATION FROM MINORS
Scapes Hotel does not knowingly collect Personal Data from children or minors. As a parent or legal guardian, please do not allow your children to submit personal information without your permission.
10) CONTACT US
G-04 Sunway PJ 51A
47300 Petaling Jaya
Selangor Darul Ehsan
• Our Website may contain links to websites operated by third parties (“Third Party Websites“). We shall not be responsible for the privacy practices or the content of Third Party Websites. Third Party Websites are responsible for informing you about their own privacy practices.